If you have information, stories, photographs, etc., to share about anyone in Jim Howard's family, please contact me - howardka at earthlink.net. If you use anything from this blog, please contact me for permission to post/use elsewhere. I don't mind sharing but would like credit for these original posts and for the family photos.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day 11/11/11

I wish to give tribute to family members who served in the US military:

Jim Howard, US Navy - my husband
Edwin A. Howard, US Army, World War II - Jim's dad
Guy Gaines, US Army - Jim's grandfather



Edwin Howard, US Army, Ft. McClellan, Alabama
                          

1 comment:

  1. I believe Edwin was a Captain by the end of the war, I have his bars, or one of them at least. I could figure out his division from the patches I have as well (I'm thinking it was 3rd Army Infantry if I recall right). They are mixed in with Woody's but I have a great deal of info on Papa's service, an entire history of his company actually as written by it's commander... so I could discern which are his by process of elimination.

    ReplyDelete